- Make your own cleaning materials. It's easy. It's natural. It's cheap. It's kinder to the environment. What else do you want?
- Pick a day when the sun's shining. It makes cleaning windows easier. It lifts your spirits and gives you more energy.
- Before you clean, clear the clutter - it will create space in your life as well as your home.
- Don't see Spring cleaning as a task or a chore. See it as a chance to brighten your home and reclaim your space.
- Do it to music. It lifts the spirits and makes you clean more energetically. Pick upbeat, lively songs.
- Make a list of tasks and tick them off as you do them. You'll get a sense of momentum and accomplishment.
- Prepare your tool kit and materials in advance and put them in a box or basket so you can carry them around easily.
- Don't just clean - freshen too. Shake some baking soda on the carpets and leave overnight - then vacuum afterwards for fresh smelling carpets.
- Don't forget to clean your house plants too - dusty leaves look very sad and give the impression that your home is not cared for.
- Plan to reward yourself afterwards with a big fat glass of wine, a bar of chocolate or whatever is your preferred treat.
Friday, 3 April 2009
10 Top Tips to make Spring Cleaning a breeze
We are coming to the end of National Spring Cleaning Week, so if you haven't done any yet, now is a good time to get started. Here are our top tips for making spring cleaning easy and rewarding: