Wow…did you realise that there are only 99 days until Christmas? (Oops! as there have been a few days since writing this and before posting it - it's now only 93...). Does that send you into headless chicken mode? Or are you already rolling your eyes and moaning about people who talk about Christmas too early?
Frankly I'm in the latter camp, but if you want to beat the recession this Christmas, now is the time to start planning. With a little bit of forethought and a little bit of creativity, you can have a real recession-busting Christmas. Here's how:
1. Budget – set a figure and stick to it
2. Start saving - How about stopping that daily Starbucks habit, start taking a homemade lunch to work...
3. Start planning – Now's the time to plan - making home made presents, decorations, your own mince meat...
4. Start harvesting - There's still time to dry some lavender for homemade lavender bags and you have plenty of time to start making your own homemade pot pourri.
5. Start collecting - Paper and images that inspire can be saved for wrapping your gifts and making your own Christmas Cards. You also still have plenty of time to start collecting all your left-over bits of soaps and/or candles – enough to reuse and make your own gifts.